Some highlights from the Haggard home at Christmas time:
- Kicking the season off right with the 3rd annual Swanky Christmas Party (see cheesy couple photo).
- Mom sent us home after Thanksgiving with a Christmas wreath, which now hangs beautifully on our front door.
- We bought a 4.5′ Grand Fir this year and it smells AMAZING. Well worth the little bit extra it cost.
- We celebrated Christmas with Dad while visiting for Christian’s memorial service. He bought Jason and I matching fleece-hooded sweatshirts (see second cheesy couple photo). Dad also got Jason a book he’s really excited about – 1,000 Places to See Before You Die. After pouring over it on the plane ride home, he proudly announced to me that he’s been to 49 of the locations.
- Sufjan’s Christmas. And, I’ve been listening to Over the Rhine‘s Snow Angels off of their website.
- Sally and I are scheduled to make Christmas cookies this Monday. Baking menu undetermined.
- We’ve already had one Gospel Choir Christmas Concert at UW. This Sunday Sally and I will be performing with the choir and the Mt. Zion Baptist Choir at Benaroya Hall. It should be fantastic.
- Gift shopping has concluded and I am very excited about all the purchases. But, word is mum since recipients read this site . . .
- We’ve been talking about starting some family traditions. So far, we’ve come up with Top Pot doughnuts on Christmas morning. They are AMAZING.
- Sally will be joining us for Christmas dinner at our place, which will include turkey, my mom’s famous sweet potato gratin and mushroom stuffing, and dessert by Jason.